Paper Forms Editorial
Range: Landlord & Tenant
Tenancy Agreement Forms
Section 213(1) of the Housing Act 2004 provides that any deposit paid to secure an assured shorthold tenancy must be handled by the person who receives it in accordance with one of the authorised schemes in force under section 212(1) of the Housing Act 2004.
In November 2006, the Government awarded contracts to three scheme administrators.
Computershare Investor Services PLC will organize a single custodial scheme where deposits will be paid into and held in a separate account. This scheme will be free to use for landlords and tenants.
The Dispute Service Limited and Tenancy Deposit Solutions Limited will administer insurance-based schemes which will be funded by a fee paid by either landlords or their agents but which will be free for tenants to use.
We have amended our residential Tenancy Agreement forms 1,2B, 3, 3B. 3C, 19 and 20 to take account of these changes.
Agreement forms 2D, 3*, 3A and 3H and Con 26 and Con 26a are not affected by these changes but have been amended with regard to the insurance of the premises.
“Protecting Your Deposit” form is a new form which the relevant regulations require a landlord to provide a tenant concerning details of the tenancy deposit scheme which the landlord is using to lodge the tenant’s deposit.
The new “Condition of Property Schedule” form can be attached to an inventory and is designed to reduce the scope for argument about the state in which the property was left when the tenancy expires.
CURRENT FORMS CAN CONTINUE TO BE USED UNTIL 5TH APRIL BUT NOT THEREAFTER. AMENDED FORMS WILL BE AVAILABLE TOWARDS THE END OF MARCH BUT OUGHT NOT TO BE USED BEFORE 6TH APRIL.
List of forms affected
- » AGREE1 - Agreement for Letting (General Form)
- » AGREE19 - Agreement for Letting an Unfurnished Dwellinghouse on an Assured Shorthold Tenancy - [AGR2U] [AGR2UD]
- » AGREE20 - Agreement for Letting a Furnished Dwellinghouse on an Assured Shorthold Tenancy - [AGR2F] [AGR2FD]
- » AGREE2B - Agreement for Letting a Unfurnished Dwellinghouse - [AGR634]
- » AGREE2D - Agreement for Letting a Furnished House or Flat for a Holiday
- » AGREE3 - Agreement for Letting Furnished House or Apartment - [AGR635]
- » AGREE3* - Agreement for Letting Shop.
- » AGREE3A - Agreement for Letting Offices
- » AGREE3B - Agreement for Letting Flat - Unfurnished - [AGR1U] [AGR1UD] [AGR636]
- » AGREE3C - Agreement for Letting Flat - Furnished - [AGR1F] -AGR1FD] [AGR637]
- » AGREE3H - Agreement for Letting Unfurnished Premises to a Tenant Company - [AGR3U] [AGR3UD] [AGR4U] [AGR4UD]
- » L&TCPS - Condition of Property Schedule
- » L&TPYD - Protecting Your Deposit - [AGRTD1]